AKA SIGNUM MFD with new additional DEEP program
Professional, computerized , high-sensitivity , multi-frequency metal detector
with original, patented , no analogue technology of space- harmonic filtering (SFT),
which allows to significantly improve the quality of the identification of
– Search coil 11.5″ (29cm.) 7kHz DD from AKA metal detectors
– An electronic unit, which allows transmission and processing of signals in the
range of 1 to 30 kHz .
– Automatic compensator input allows to reach sensitivity to 65cm for 25mm. coin
( with the search coil 10 ” DD/7kHz )
– A unique algorithm for identification of flat metal objects (S- algorithms)
– Additional program for deep searching of large objects.
– Large high contrast display
– Technology for immediate visualization of the objects during a search in the
form of spectral – graphic images of the LCD display ( 128×64 )
– Two independent channels of search: RT ( Real Time) and ST ( Short Ton )
– 4 user programs on demand, with instant access
– 4 modes of sound indication of the possibility of setting the tone and limits
– Automatic and Manual Ground Balance
– A system for automatic correction of ground balance with adjustable speed
– Dynamic and static modes of searching
– Streamlined ergonomic design
– Unique algorithm discriminatory suppression and display ” hot rocks ”
– “Turbo” mode for extreme depth
– Waterproof housing electronic control module
– Powered – 6 batteries 1,5 V AA
– Possibility for rapid operational change search coils in the field without
– Time to work with one set of batteries – up to 20 hours, depending on modes .
– Weight with battery – 1.25 kg .
Additional search coils :
– 6 “/ 14kHz
– 6 ” x10 ” – 7kHz or 14kHz or 19kHz
– 9 “x12” – 7kHz or 14kHz
– 13 “- 3kHz or 7kHz
– 15 “- 3kHz
The main original feature of this detector and all the other models of Aka is a
“hodograph” identification of targets, which allows to define targets very easy
and with an exact value. No other metal detector brand has such an
There are 3 algorithms to choose from, algorithms are best described as 3 chips
that control the detector in different ways based on recovery speed and desired
All 3 algorithms named MSF, SSF and MM have their own parameters, for example if
you are using MM which is high trash mode and a very fast recovery speed all you
settings such as discrimination, sensitivity, audio tone , etc are all saved
under that feature, so when using another algorithm such as SSF you can save a
different range of settings to suit your search requirements.
SSF is primarily for use in areas with large flat iron or heavily rusted iron
plates, these are usually detected with mixed signal or are often confused as a
When using algorithm SSF, these errors are avoided the machine clearly
identifies that the detected signal is iron.
MSF is more of an all round setting, it has a medium recovery speed which
rejects or identifies most iron with ease, this is best describes as a low to
medium trash setting and will suit most people.
MM is also known as metal trash (MT), it is very dynamic and an ideal setting
for working amongst high iron contamination such as ancient sites, the audio
response is very sharp and precise so a slow sweep speed is recommended for MM
DEEP program is designed to find and identify large objects at depth under
carpet consisting of small participles (E.g.: rusted nails and small iron laying
close to surface) with medium (10″/9,5″x12,5″) and large (13″/15″) coils. DEEP
program is a real substitute to classic deep scanning units like Whites
TM-808/Pulse Star family but with ability to identify metal type (iron/non
ferrous) in case of good signal strength. Signum MFD could be turned into deep
scanning unit and restored back as a VLF detector just in 1 click – this could
be useful when target needs rechecking.
Minor software updates:
– additional sound mode RT-M99 (multitone)
– Frequency shifting from resonance could be performed within 10% on top of
coils frequency. Signum’s sharpness will be reduced but detector becomes less
liable to EMI, works better on mineralized soils, trashy sites etc
– ST duration could be set on different for each preset
– GS filter has 0,25 degree step instead of 1 degree step available in Signum
MFT now. Each preset will have its own setting
– Ground Balance has 0,5 degree step
– RT volume has 9 steps now (4 steps is equal to RT present in Signum MFT now).
RT setting could be set on different for each preset
– “Ground zone cut” setting. This option cuts ST in selected zone. Each preset
will have its own setting. Signum MFD will run with less falsing (signals close
to ground zone), deep-deep targets will be lost. Each preset will have its own
– Screen lighting could be switched on and off by long pressing “Volume” button
– Economy mode could be set on different for each preset with push and hold
Advantages of this deep program: In fact this is 2 in 1 detector, with small
coils and standard programs is usual VLF, but with a large coil and deep program
runs as deep as a good pulse induction detectors, but with next advantages:
– Much more clearly identification in the depth by any PI or TR detector
– Light and easy to use by one person
– Very suitable for search of deeper targets in places contaminated with iron,
high mineralization or high grass.
– Saves the cost of buying a deep detector.
– No harmful emission of pulse induction detectors